Today I found out my entry from my military story, Captivating the Captain, placed second in the contemporary category of the Utah RWA Great Beginnings Contest. Doing well in a contest always gives me a boost. And boy do I need it to fuel my mental preparation for what will hopefully be my last major revision of Love, Hospital Style.
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! I hope your day is (or was) as special as you are!
- It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
- You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
- Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
- Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
- I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan