Inspirations:

  • It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
  • A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
  • You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
  • Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
  • Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
  • I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm Happy to Report:

I'm happy to report my post, How Realistic is Too Realistic, on the Medical Authors Group Blog on 1/6/2011 is presently ranked the most discussed blog post on the eharlequin.com blog homepage! Thanks to everyone who stopped by to check it out.

I got a sneak peak of the 2in1 cover I'll be sharing with Janice Lynn come June 2011. It's fun and flirty and everyone I've shown it to loves it. Unfortunately it's not in a format I can post to this blog. My editor is on the lookout though. As soon as I can I'll upload the cover for you all to see.

I am back to writing daily and am currently immersed in chapter 5 of book 2. I feel a sex scene coming on. Must get back to work.

So what are you up to? Sticking to your New Years resolutions? What have you accomplished so far?

14 comments:

  1. Hey, Wendy,

    I'm trying to remember if I made New Year's resolutions. Probably not, because with the move, all bets are off.

    I'm writing. Close to subbing again.

    Can't wait to see your cover.

    Abbi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy - it is a very good post, so the attention is well deserved, and then so many nice people have stopped to read and comment, and then you're taking time and effort to reply. So it has all the ingredients! Well done :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing the cover.

    As for the resolutions - I've been writing daily and I'm off for a run as soon as I finish my morning coffee (it's 6am here in NZ).

    Good luck with the sex scene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see the cover! The post at eHarl forum was awesome.

    I'm still waiting for any word on the partial I submitted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being the most discussed blog post! That's so exciting! I can't wait to see your cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara!
    I'm glad you're writing. Good luck with your submission!

    Hi Kate!
    Yay! I'm so happy to know your name! Thank you for your nice words about my post. Writing daily and exercising! 2011 is going to be your year! (I vowed to cut down my intake of sweets in 2011...but my daughters love to bake. I can't hurt their feelings!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nas!
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Fingers crossed on your partial. There seems to be a lot of waiting going on. Make good use of it. Once they make an offer things move at a crazy pace!

    Thanks, Lacey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, Can't wait to see the cover. Glad you're moving ahead. Sorry I never got to the blog but we all know how nurses love to talk about medical things. Shana and I did this at lunch after the Sat. Meeting. We laughed. The others didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay on the cover, am looking forward to seeing it :-)

    I've written around 10K so far this year and am feeling very virtuous. Will see if the writing is worth that feeling when I get into edits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet!
    Yes, I know all about the strange sense of humor shared by nurses!

    Hi Joanne!
    10,000 words! SUPER! As my friend NAS recently taught me: You can't edit an empty page. Good words or bad, you're on your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy,

    Yes, you can't edit a blank page.

    Write...you can always go back and layer in/change and add emotions to the story. But write! You can always fix a bad page with something written but do absolutely nothing at a blank page!

    Wendy you were congratulated on my blog by the multi published author Michelle Douglas!
    When I mentioned:

    About Wendy: For all those friends who don't know, Wendy is the newest published author of M&B Medical line and her debut release "When One Night Isn't Enough" will be out in early 2011!

    And then she said:

    Congratulations on your debut release, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the cover Wendy--

    And I saw your name in the RWR under first sales--go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nas!
    Thanks for the heads up! I will have to check it out. I'm sorry, I've been so busy wriing I haven't had much time to visit my blogging friends. And I miss it!

    Thanks, Jen!
    I'd been hearing about my name mentioned in RWR but never got the magazine. It finally arrived two days ago and there I was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cannot wait to see the cover - hooray! And congrats on the First Sale post - fantastic way to start off a new year!!
    PS: Love the way you ended your post with...I feel a sex scene coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Jen! It turned into an aborted sex scene. Still waiting to get to the good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete