For those of you who aren't familiar with Brenda Novak's online auction, I encourage you to visit http://www.brendanovak.com/. (And click on auction.) For the past six years, Brenda has run an online auction to benefit Diabetes. Items for sale vary from editor/agent/author critiques, to books, to Coach purses, to weekend getaways in your favorite author's lake house. (If you have the bucks!) And it is not only for romance writers/readers. The auction has mass appeal. While bidding doesn't start until May 1st, you can look through the hundreds of items that will be offered.
I bring this up now, because last year I bid and won on a query critique (query letter, synopsis, and first three chapters) by an agent and an editor. Due to numerous issues (including the untimely passing of Kate Duffy), issues which Brenda worked on personally to make sure I was satisfied with my purchases, Michelle Grajkowski from Three Seas Literary Agency will be reviewing my revised first three chapters of Love, Hospital Style. I was so happy to hear from her, and even happier that she took time to inquire about whether I'd revised the chapters since I'd submitted them, back in November. She agreed to read the new pages I forwarded her, over the weekend. (So please send positive energey and good luck my way!!) Best case scenario: She asks to see the full. Worst Case Scenario: I get some excellent feedback to make the pages even better to attract the attention of an editor. Either way it's a win/win.
- It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
- You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
- Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
- Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
- I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan