- It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
- You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
- Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
- Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
- I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Last week I read Romeo Romeo, written by Robin Kaye. It is a fast-paced, entertaining read that I enjoyed immensely, and think you will, too. With all the hoopla over the announcement of the Golden Heart finalists, I think it's interesting that Romeo Romeo won first place in the Golden Heart in the single title category back in 2007. It was published in 2008 and from what I can tell from Ms. Kaye's website, http://www.robinkayewrites.com/ it is her first published book. I can honestly say that if this is the caliber of manuscript that wins the Golden Heart, mine didn't deserve to final. (At least as it was at the time I submitted it.)
So there you go. Slowly but surely I am finding new authors to follow (as I've read most everything out there from my favorites). Ms. Kaye has two other books out, Breakfast in Bed and Too Hot to Handle, that I plan to pick up on my next trip to Borders.
Have you come across any new (or new to you) authors whose books you enjoy? If so, please share them with us, and be sure to specify genre.