Inspirations:

  • It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
  • A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
  • You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
  • Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
  • Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
  • I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My First Interview!

Hi All!
My writing friend Janet has posted an interview with me on her blog. There's an excerpt from my first book, When One Night Isn't Enough... if you'd like to take a look. Here's the link:
http://wwweclecticwriter.blogspot.com/ 

So, after reading the interview, I realize I need to take more time to make myself seem interesting and funny. (And limit my use of the word while.) I'm a work in progress.

My muse has seen the error of her ways and has returned to me. I am busy writing and am once again hopeful I will be able to meet my March 1st deadline for book 2.

Happy Healthy Holidays to you all. During this busy time of year, don't lose sight of what's important. Love. Family. Friends. Happiness. And taking the time to enjoy them.

15 comments:

  1. Hi wendy
    congratualtions on your first interview :)

    Your opening chapter is v. interesting and make me want to read more.

    As for making yourself 'seem interesting and funny' - it's all about developing your own 'author persona', so do whatever suits you :) (and you can make brackets the distinctive element of your style ;-))

    Good luck with Victoria's story and Happy Holidays to you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scribocin!
    Thanks for stopping by, and for taking a peek at my interview. In addition to brackets...I have a fondness for ellipsis (triple dot punctuation marks). (Yes I had to Google that to see what they were called!) Oh...and I like exclamation points, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will go chk it out, it does not matter how u come of in interviews as long as you are your self and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your muse has returned form vacation. I find you interesting but I think all nurses are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Joanna!

    Thanks for interviewing me for your blog, Janet! Can't wait to read the book you're sending me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Wendy! And as an objective outsider I think you're already interesting so don't change too much now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy, I just checked out the excerpt, sounds intriguing! Can't wait to read your first book now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, I'm so happy for you that the muse is back. Hate it when they play hard to get.

    Congrats on your first interview. I'm on my way over now to read it - and your excerpt. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete