Today I found out that my entry from Love, Hospital Style did not final in the Great Expectations contest. This is frustrating because the first 25 pages finished second in the 2008 Gotcha! contest. I'm sure it has to do with the changes I spoke about in a previous post, when I tried to please all my critiquers and answer all their questions......in the first chapter. I'm disappointed in myself, but more determined than ever to make my work in progress a success. I've been doing lots of research on the Army and the war in Iraq and am totally motivated to get started on the first book in my new series. While I'm at it, I've been investigating some classes on characterization, plotting, and punctuation. Stick with me! I'll get there yet.
And if you haven't been to the movies to see Dear John, make it a point to go. I loved it! (For those of you who read the book and were disappointed there was no happily ever after, the ending of the movie is different from the ending of the book.) Enjoy!
- It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
- You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
- Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
- Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
- I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan