On the heels of not finaling in RWA's Golden Heart Contest, I've received some pretty great news:
1) Harlequin Medical Romance liked the first three chapters of Love, Hospital Style. They requested the full......after I make some major revisions.
2) An agent e-mailed me that she'd like to discuss representation. I'm still waiting for her call, which feeds my fear that maybe she mistook me for someone else. But I'm enjoying the anticipation none the less.
3) I received notification that my entry finaled in the URWA Great Beginnings Contest!
I'm sharing this, not to gloat or stroke my ego, but so you all can see that good things can happen when you least expect them, so don't give up hope! And if nothing comes of any of it, now that I've had a taste of the positive, I'll work even harder for more.
Happy Passover and Easter to all! I'm off to spend some quality time with my family.
- It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
- You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
- Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
- Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
- I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan