Hi Blog Friends!
If you're one of those people who pay close attention to detail, like me, you'll notice I've added my middle initial to my name. Come to find out there is another Wendy Marcus who's an author so I've added my middle initial (S for Sue) to differentiate myself.
As much as I'd like to keep up my prior post (which received a record-breaking number of comments thank you very much) it is time to move on. For those of you who haven't heard, author Brenda Hiatt has recently updated the Show Me the Money page of her website. This contains valuable information on what romance publishers are paying. I encourage you all to take a look.
Are you a published author? In your experience, are the numbers accurate? Were you aware of Brenda's Show Me the Money page before you visited my blog?
I hope you found this information helpful.
For those of you interested in my journey, I've finished what I hope are the final final revisions to my contracted medical romance. I am in the process of creating character profiles for my second book and hope to have the synopsis finished next week. At the same time I am researching website designers. Can you think of any author websites that stand out from the rest? If so, what makes them so special? And would you be so kind as to give me the link?
- It is said that good things come to those who wait. I believe that good things come to those who work. - Wilt Chamberlain
- A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach
- You don't find time to write. You make time. It's my job. - Nora Roberts
- Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. - Buddha
- Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. - Denzel Washington
- I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan